iPod Touch Non-cam

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 5354, Dec 25, 2011.

1. 5354 macrumors member

Hi guys

I'm currently working in a highly secured workplace whereby no cameras devices are allowed. I am looking to purchase older generation iPod touch which can allow me to play games/listen music/watch some videos as well.

Basically I got 2 choices to go:

1) Purchase used iPod touches from 3G and before.
    - I knew of a seller selling his iPod 2G 16GB @ 50USD with severe scratches at the back and a small dent
    - No warranty

2) Purchase a refurbished iPod touch 3G from Appl
    - Apple's selling refurbished iPod Touch 3G 32GB @ 150 USD
    - Comes with 1 year warranty

Which choice should I go?

And is it worth it to purchase an iPod touch without camera? In this case I won't be able to enjoy facetime too.

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...since its older hardware, I'd get the refurb from apple if you have to get one = that way you will have a full year warranty and the option for applecare.

3. 5354 thread starter macrumors member

Economically wise?

I will only be in my workplace for 2 years? and after that I will not need to be bounded.

----------

Btw another choice I can go for is iPod Nano without camera as well.. at the expense of unable to watch videos and play games.

4. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Refurbed. It's still supported by Apple in iOS 5 and will probably have (limited) iOS 6 support, plus a warranty and you can sell it later for a quick buck.

5. PluckyPurcell macrumors newbie

This is spot on.

6. 5354 thread starter macrumors member

1 more note is that I wouldnt be able to use personal hotspot to access internet on my ipod... that kinda sucks.