iPod touch not being detected by itunes after trying to jailbreak using ZIphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gates2010, Apr 18, 2008.

1. gates2010 macrumors newbie

Hi

I have tried to jailbreak my itouch and it stopped in the middle so I restarted the process but this time the Ziphone doesn't detect my itouch :(

It says can't exec /bin/sh for single user: NO such file or directory

As it is not detected by itunes of Ziphone I am not able to jailbreak or atleast restore it

please help

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

best way to solve this is to shove ipod in recovery mode by plugging it in to computer by usb, with the ipod on hold down the sleep and home buttons till you see the apple logo, when it appears let go of the sleep button only and keep the home button held down eventually ipod will go into recovery mode.

load ziphone and get it to put it in normal mode and see if that makes the ipod be recognised.

if that still doesn't work follow my instructions again and this time instead of using ziphone this time load itunes and restore the ipod and jailbreak again.

3. nickpatel macrumors newbie

ipod stuck during jailbreak

Hey,
    My ipod touch got stuck during jail break...exactly the same problem....exec/bin/sh for single user: NO such file or directory...i tried as you said....held the sleep button and when the apple logo appeared, i let go the sleep button and kept on holding the home button....but after a few secs, the same message appeared...need some help regarding this...thanks

4. nickpatel macrumors newbie

Hey,
    My ipod touch got stuck during jail break...exactly the same problem....exec/bin/sh for single user: NO such file or directory...i tried as you said....held the sleep button and when the apple logo appeared, i let go the sleep button and kept on holding the home button....but after a few secs, the same message appeared...need some help regarding this...i appreciate it....thanks

5. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

ziphone is OLD, restore in itunes, then use Pwnage Tool or QuickPwn