I got given an iPod touch by my girlfriend with a sync cable but no adapter for charging it at the wall as this wall adapter was faulty. The plan was I would just have to charge the iPod using the sync cable by plugging it into my laptop. The sync cable itself I was aware was already semi-faulty (it would work if I got it into a certain position.) This was okay for about a week until the sync cable stopped working competely. I bought a brand new sync cable thinking I'd save myself some money without buying one that actually had an adapter as charging it with my laptop seemed fine. I took it home and it worked for about a minute until it completely stopped working. The iPod is out of battery and doesn't show a sign of life at all where as before it would flicker the low battery sign. As for the new cable, it doesn't even enbale the iPod to even be recognised by my laptop. Is this a common problem? Is it likely it's just another faulty cable? Or is my iPod somehow dead?