ipod touch...not charging? wtf?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by charlestrippy, Sep 30, 2007.

1. charlestrippy macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

okay, so i've noticed this the past couple days - i have one of those wall adapters...when i plug it into the ipod touch - it doesn't do anything...so i take my ipod video plug it in the same thing and it charges - but not the touch??

i then had problems updating to 1.1.1 but after many many many tries it worked....now, the touch seems to be charging while plugged into the computer - however, if i just plug it straight into my macbook pro nothing happens...i have to keep it plugged in, restart the mbp and then itll charge....

are any of you guys having these issues? it seems really weird...

2. halfgoon macrumors newbie

Can't say I'm experiencing the same problem. Mine charges from both the USB connection to the Mac and the wall charger.

3. sebast1anc macrumors member

the only problem i've had charging is while using my iTrip. I could charge through the iTrip with the usb charger for my razr when i used my video ipod, but it doesn't work with my touch.

Other than that, no problems. my touch even chargers with the old firewire wall charger i have from my 3rd gen

4. rusty. macrumors member

rusty.

Try the cable that came with the touch not the video cable if you weren't already.

They probably added some of that "charger drm" that was talked about 2 months ago on various sites kind of like they did with the third party tv cables

5. kanom macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. I tried both the usb charger and the wall adapter charger. =\ It wouldn't charge

6. YodaEXE macrumors member

You realize this thread is over a year old, right?

7. agargar macrumors member

8. chenr2 macrumors newbie

issues recharging the iPod Touch

Charging the itouch has been hit or miss. I seem to have less luck charging from the front USB ports on my Dell, and from my Asus eee. And I seem to have more luck charging from the rear Dell USB ports, a powered USB hub, and from my Mac mini. I wonder how much power it takes to charge the itouch...

9. shikha macrumors newbie

Hello Friends

I have problem with the shuffle mode of apple i-pod. If i-pod is in shuffle mod it doesnt work properly...Anyone can relpy me regarding this..

Thanks..