iPod Touch Not Charging!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zombidillo, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Zombidillo macrumors newbie

Ok so I was riding in the car, getting back from a long trip and listening to music. I had about 20% battery then. I fell asleep with my iPod off but the music on. When I woke up the music wasn't playing anymore (I guess it got the end of the album) and we were home. Since I was low on battery I went down to my computer (a kinda old PC) and plugged it in. To my surprise it wouldn't charge or sync! I really needed to sync it up too, because during the trip I had WiFi and downloaded a bunch of apps. My brother has 2 iPods and a Mac so I tried using his charging cord and it still didn't work. I tried it on my other PC - Still nothing. During the trip I used a wall charger and a car charger from this set (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-11-in-1-Accessory-Kit-for-New-iPod-touch-with-Two-Chargers/12522527) and it charged fine. I still have about 20% battery and have tried turning it all the way off and turning it all the way back on, but still nothing. It is not jailbroken (yet)

I've read this topic (http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-705521.html) but it didn't help much. I will probably go to my local Apple Store, but I would like to fix it asap and sync it up. Any help would be great :D

BTW, I haven't tried using the car or wall charger yet and I haven't tried my brother's Mac. I will do that right now and edit this post :D

EDIT: I tried the other chargers and the little light comes on, but it's not charging. I forgot to mention, I got my iPod about a week ago and ordered it about a month ago and I still have the receipt.

EDIT: One more thing I forgot - I went to lunch and left my iPod in the car - It was at about 50% so I wanted the car charger. I plugged it in and put it in the little car thing. I left it there while we ate and when I came back I thought it was charging (I'm not actually sure if it was charging or not) I hope this didn't screw up my iPod making it unable to charge :/

2. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

You can try to put it in DFU mode but im not sure if this will help.

3. Zombidillo thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe - But I'm going to the apple store right now.

EDIT: Ok I went to City Mac. They weren't authorized to mess with it or anything so they told us to call the actual apple store (the closest one is really far away) so I'm gonna call them soon and I might send my iPod to them and in like 2 weeks they will fix it/send me a new one. The only problem is I don't want all my data to go away, because, believe it or not, you can put a lot of stuff on an iPod in a week. I just wish there was a faster way that I could fix it here :p
    I'll keep you updated with what they say.

EDIT: Okay I talked to an apple guy, he was really nice, but what it came down to is I have to drive out to the apple store or send my iPod in. I think I'm gonna send it in, I just hope I don't lose my data :p