iPod touch not connecting

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xy14, Dec 5, 2007.

1. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

When I connect my iTouch to my iMac with os x.4.10, sometimes it does absolutely nothing (its plugged in from the back), sometime it simply charges and doesn't sync, and sometimes it says, "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone(??) "'" (ex000004)" or something like that. Is there a way to fix this? I have absolutely no clue.

2. AppleMatt389 macrumors regular

I had this issue too, with 10.4.10, 10.4.11 and now 10.5.1. I think it's because I'm using USB 1.1. Anyway, there are a few things I do when this happens that usually resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the iPod isn't connected to the computer at all and make sure iTunes is shut. I find that if I plug in the iPod while iTunes is open, it just crashes. So make sure you let the iPod open iTunes itself.

2. Go to /User/Library/Preferences and find the file com.apple.iPod.plist and drag it to the trash. If its not there, then don't worry about it.

3. Open up the application "Activity Monitor" under Utilities and find the process called iTunesHelper. Force quit it.

Now plug in your iPod and give it a second to open iTunes. It should work now. If not, try resetting your computer and doing the above and then trying again. Good luck.

:apple:Matt

3. xy14 thread starter macrumors 6502

xy14

wow, i feel stupid. I was trying absolutely EVERYTHING to fix it, and it turns out I must have stepped on the cable or something when it was on the floor of my car (duh). I tried my sister's cable since she lives about 5 blocks away, and now it works perfect. I was freaking scared to death I had an iBrick, since I did jailbreak it and stuff. Well, I guess I still can sell it to my dumb friend for $250 and get a new iPhone for my own christmas present (selfish, I know)!!

I'm happy and yet I feel like a retard now.

4. winingteam macrumors newbie

Nah.. it is really simple. Turn your router on and your iPod touch will pick it up.. all you have to do is click on the name of your router, and it will ask for your WEP.. simply enter it once and any time you are in the area after that it will automatically connect for you.