iPod Touch not mounting....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Joeytpg, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

hi guys, I just got my new ipod touch and I was syncing all my music when by mistake I choose a "video" folder in iphoto (I was gonna sync and upload a few pics too). Now iTunes doesn't want to mount the ipod touch and kind of freezes until I get a warning window a few minutes later saying:

"The iTunes could not connect the iphone because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000035)"

I don't know what's wrong....I "think" the itunes is trying to sync the videos that are on my iphoto event and obviously getting "stuck" because it doesn't recognize the action. First the videos that are on iphoto are normal quicktime videos, not ready to be viewed on an ipod.

I downloaded the latest version of itunes but I alread had it installed so it did nothing to itunes. How can I re-install itunes WITHOUT loosing all my music ?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Delete iTunes App. Empty Trash. Restart. Reinstall. As long as you have a Library file in your User/Music Folder everything will still be there.

TEG

3. Joeytpg thread starter macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

I have to delete the itunes app. that's in the applications folder right?

4. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

...its not horny enough? :D

I assume you have tried restarting...right?

I have this problem constantly with my iPod

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Had the same problem.... except I just waited a few more seconds and then iTunes mounted and all was good. Try TEG's reinstall technique.

6. Joeytpg thread starter macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

alright guys, it's working now.

I did what TEG suggested, also re-started the computer plus re-started the ipod touch. verything's fine now. (thank god) hehe

anyways.... the ipod touch is mounting in itunes, but It's not mounting in my desktop...why?

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

The iPhone OS does not support file storage like the other iPods do. Since you can't use it like a flash drive (as you can with the nano, classic, shuffle), there's really no point in making it mount on the desktop. Hopefully this addition comes in a future firmware update, but it is not available now.

8. Joeytpg thread starter macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

hmmm interesting.... Thanks for the info.

well, everything's up and running now....just updated the touch to version 2.0.1 :D

got a few more questions but I'll open a new thread for them.