iPod Touch not quite in recovery mode.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CPancake, Jun 6, 2011.

1. CPancake macrumors newbie

CPancake

I was updating my iPod to version 4.0.0, when I got an error: 3194. This meant I needed to update my iTunes. So I did so, and then I noticed my iPod was in recovery mode. I hooked it up to the computer, and iTunes said that the only way to get it out was to restore it. Not wanting to lose all my stuff, I used blackra1n to get it out. The problem: This brought me to a sort of half recovery mode: The recovery screen logo, and the battery in the upper left corner. I can put it into hold (top button) or turn it off with the top button. The problem was I couldn't do anything.So I backed up all my music and photos, and hooked it up to iTunes to do a restore.

Now, after trying to restore using the official 4.0.0 ipsw 3 times, redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, and now updating to the current firmware (while in DFU mode), it still has the same recovery mode logo, the battery, and sleep/power working. Any help?

2. Apple Mac Tec macrumors newbie

I know this may sound simple, but have you restarted your computer? I had the same problem and attempted to restore using many different options. The restart sorted the problem. Best of luck.

3. CPancake thread starter macrumors newbie

CPancake

Didn't seem to work. Thanks for the help though!