iPod touch not recognized by iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Doug6388, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Doug6388 macrumors newbie

Doug6388

When I run itunes on a PC running Vista, I plug my new ipod touch into the usb and itunes will not recognize the device. I have restarted the Apple Mobile Devices thingy twice and still no luck. Any suggestions?

2. Doug6388 thread starter macrumors newbie

Doug6388

OK Now iTunes won't install

Seems alot of people are having problems with iTunes. Has it been hacked?
    I got the following msg when I uninstalled and then tried to re-install.

An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC80 CRT type="win32", version= '8.0.50727.6195", publicKey Token="lfc8b.3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86". Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070422.

OK? Status= rollback

then another error msg
    Service 'Apple Mobile Device' (Apple Mobile Device) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privleges to start system services.

iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall itunes. Error7 (Windows error 1270)

My hands never touched the keyboard during install.

3. Doug6388 thread starter macrumors newbie

Doug6388

Third itunes install FAILED

Can anyone help?
    === After re-installling itunes 3 times ====
    itunes.exe - Entry Point Not found
    The procedure entry point AVCFAssetCreateWithByteStreamAndOptions could not be located in the
    dynamic link library AVFoundationCV.dll >>>> OK?

Itunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall itunes
    Error 7 (Windows error 1270)

===========

An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC80 CRT type="win32", version= '8.0.50727.6195", publicKey

Token="lfc8b.3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86". Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT:

0x80070422.

OK? Status= rollback

then another error msg
    Service 'Apple Mobile Device' (Apple Mobile Device) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privleges to start system services.

iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall itunes. Error7 (Windows error 1270)

==========