Ipod touch not working after restore. Help please.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by malcomhfc, Nov 1, 2009.

1. malcomhfc macrumors newbie

Hello guys and gals. Im new the the forums as you may see. I have never had any reason to come on the forums till now. It allows me now to get active here :D

Anyways, my problem is after restoring my ipod touch it no longer turns on. I didnt really watch it restore, so if any error messages popped up i missed.

When i plug my ipod touch (2g) into the computer nothing pops up. Nor does it charge. It also, does not charge with a iphone wall charger.

I have tried putting it into dfu mode. Doing most of the combinations i could find google a solution.

I have tried using different usb ports and different computers.

When i plugged my ipod into a different computer for a second after trying to get it into dfu mode, i got a pop up saying device not recognized. Im not sure if it was the ipod, but 99% chance it was. That was the end of the message and nothing happened after that.

Any help would be great please.

Thanks in advance,

Malcom

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Is this a Vanilla Apple restore, or was it modified in any way?

3. malcomhfc thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey there. It was jailbroken with blackrain. I restored it using and to:

itunes 9.01
    ipod touch fw: 3.2

Do you think there is anyway to fix this? Its warranty is up too plus being jailbroken.

4. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Well, there's your problem.
    Blackra1n seems easy at first, but it's actually too simple for most jailbreaking tasks.
    I suggest using some sort of tool created by the iPhone Dev Team.
    Just download the vanilla firmware from Apple, then modify it using the ones created by the iPhone dev team.
    To get your iPod alive again, hold down your home and power button together for ten seconds, let go of the power button and plug the iPod in without letting go of the home button. That should "wake it up".
    Good luck.

5. malcomhfc thread starter macrumors newbie

hey, thanks for reply.

I tried a few times, but still no response from ipod or pc. Should the ipod wake up(turn on) or get response from pc?

Thanks,

Malcom

6. malcomhfc thread starter macrumors newbie

I just found this while googling somemore

"this only works tethered, which means after you jailbreak it, you have to run blackra1n again to make it boot. So if you ever reset your device, you will need to continue using this to force it to boot or it will be bricked until you do."

this = gay, still not sure how im going to do it. If i restored, maybe the above quote does not matter.?

7. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

I think that's only for the 3rd Generation iPod Touch. On my 3rd gen, after Blackra1ning it, and restarting it, it goes into Recovery Mode, and I have to Blackra1n every time I restart.
    The iPod should turn on if you connect it to your computer.
    If nothing happens, then you have a hardware problem. Unless of course, you're using Redsn0w, as in a really old version of that.

8. malcomhfc thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you think it's possible to return it to apple and get a replacement or refurbished one?

If not looks like im gonna have to fork out for a brand new one :mad: