iPod Touch Notes Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lcf4164, Jul 13, 2012.

1. lcf4164 macrumors newbie

Okay. So I have an iPod touch (most recent generation). I had 3 notes in my notes app which were synced with my email. I no longer needed these so I went in to the notes app and deleted them. Shortly after, I wrote a massive amount of stuff in my notes assuming it would not be lost or deleted. I exited the app and remembered that earlier when I checked my email, my email was being sent all my notes and my calendar events and I wanted to disable that feature. (I thought the notes were stored on the iPod touch itself not in my email) so went into settings, went to mail, and turned off notes. I went back to the notes app to retrieve the massive amount of stuff I had written and it was not there. All it said was 'no notes'. Of course then, I went back into settings to reactivate the notes. After I did this, I went back to the notes app to find that the 3 notes that I didn't need and had I deleted way earlier were there, but not the huge amount that I had written and did need. I have been desperately checking my email and notes folders to see if anything will turn up, but nothing has. If this made any sense, PLEASE help me. I really need it. Like really need it. :) Thanks in advance.

2. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

Did you disable it right after you typed the notes? If so, it sounds like you disabled it while it was starting to sync. My guess is that the note never made it to you emails servers, but your iPod assumed it did an removed the local copy. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think it's lost. :(

What email provider do you use? The only two other things I can think of to try would be your email providers web interface, and see if you can load the note there, or if you have a Mac, open Mail and if it is configured to do so, then your notes should pop up there.

Hope it works out somehow! This is why I would recommend Pages for anything important, or at least something besides Notes.

3. lcf4164 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I must have changed the settings before it synced because I changed the settings pretty recently after I wrote in my notes. :( I mean, after I changed the settings (to disable the email feature) and went back into notes, I watched it disappear. It just flew away into the upper left corner of the screen. I have gmail and no Mac. I even set up an iCloud account to see if anything was there, but nothing was. Well, thank you for your help :) I have learned to not mess around with settings unless I REALLY know what I am doing :)