iPod Touch Notes: Where are they stored on a Mac Mini?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MacNoobGuy, Sep 4, 2012.

1. MacNoobGuy macrumors 6502

hey guys, i made some notes on my iPod Touch last night but i can't find how to access them and read them on my Mac Mini. i can't find it anywhere.

thanks, i'd appreciate any help.

2. StrudelTurnover macrumors regular

3. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

You should be able to find them in Mail. Pick a/your email account and right click then choose Get Account Info. On the Mailbox Behaviors tab, there is an option to "Show notes in inbox". You should also see a folder for notes below the mailbox folders.

4. MOFS, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012

MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

As StrudelTurnover noted, please remember to post your computer specs next time you ask a software question [many people keep them in their signature]. The answer to your questions depends on which OS you're using, assuming you're using iOS 5.

10.7 (Lion): Go to Mail. The notes will show up in the inbox.

10.8 (Mountain Lion): Go to Notes[on installing the OS, Apple put it in your dock].

If you're using an earlier Mac OS or not "Notes" then you're going to struggle.

5. MacNoobGuy thread starter macrumors 6502

6. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

They would be found in Mail on Lion, with a yellow notepad icon and normally in a silly font (Comic Sans?).

7. StrudelTurnover macrumors regular

Ah, good to know that's where they're supposed to be. In my case they aren't. I just now re-checked the Sync Notes box in iTunes and it quickly loaded 1 of the 5 on my device. It still can't see any notes stored on iCloud, despite the fact Mail is exactly what I use to view my iCloud mail. :confused:

No wonder my Notes Knowhow is limited. :rolleyes:

Ok there, after another five minutes of tapping and clicking various sync buttons they've all loaded.
    Joy. *closes Mail*