iPod Touch + older iPod accessories

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Southern, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Southern macrumors regular

Southern

Hello MacRumors,

I'm a recent iPod Touch owner, having upgraded from a white 4th Gen iPod 20GB jobbie to a nice shiny new 16Gb iPod Touch. Lovely!

Anyway, I've still got the Apple Firewire mains power adaptor that I had from the old iPod, and I would like to know if I could still use this power adaptor intended for an older iPod with my shiny new iPod Touch.

Logic says it should work, but can anyone in the know verify this for me? I could just plug away and see what happens, but this upgrade has been a long time coming and I don't want to fry it without at least asking!

Any and all help gratefully received!

[edit: I've just noticed I've posted this in the wrong part of the forums, could a mod move or delete this thread? Thanks and apologies in advance!]

2. greg555 macrumors 6502a

I plugged my daughter's new 2nd gen iPod touch into my FireWire charger (from iPod mini). It detects that it is there but pops up a message that says Charging Not Supported (or something like that).

They took out the FireWire charging circuit from the touch and nano so they won't charge from FireWire any more.

Greg

3. Southern thread starter macrumors regular

Southern

Awww, spoilsports at apple want you to upgrade everything...so much for recycling old stuff you own!

Thanks for the heads - up!