Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
Hello,

The calendar and Notes apps sync very badly: either with a long delay or not at all. I have events on the calendar and notes on the notes app that are still there even though they have been deleted on my other macs and on icloud.com. Some events on the iPod are just never synced on the rest of my devices, yet some are.

Any tips?

Loa

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Sign out and sign back in?
Too much data to sync so wait quite a while?

Reactions: Loa

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
Hello,

I don't think there is too much data.

As for signing out and in, there are notes and events that are on the ipod and not synced back to the other devices and I don't want to delete them...

(Sigh: I've been asking for a force sync button since iCloud came out... Would have fixed my problem)

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Hello,

I don't think there is too much data.

As for signing out and in, there are notes and events that are on the ipod and not synced back to the other devices and I don't want to delete them...

(Sigh: I've been asking for a force sync button since iCloud came out... Would have fixed my problem)
For now your best bet is to not use iPod as your daily driver and manually add those new events to a device that is possible to sync with cloud.
Or, reinstalling iOS, using VPN, or even trying to use mobile data might have a chance to fix this problem.

Reactions: Loa

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
Hello,

I think I'll have to do it manually. Such a shame that a sync now button would do the trick...

thanks for the help.

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
Well, turning iCloud off and on worked, after a period of manual labour that shouldn't have been necessary!

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Opening the application is always suppose to manually sync. Its weird that it is not in your case, sounds more like a random glitch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.