iPod Touch on Linux

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PrinceAvalon, Feb 18, 2010.

1. PrinceAvalon macrumors member

My friend runs Linux as his main OS and got a Touch... I guess I sold him on it lol.

He has a copy of windows if he needs it but would anyone here have any experience with Linux and know if you can use any apps on Linux to put stuff on an iPod or should I just tell him to install windows... lol

**EDIT**

I know this is a "Mac" forum not Linux but I asked on a Linux forum and there were nothing but *******s on it and they kept saying crap like why buy an iPod... they're pieces of doody lol.. and just never helped.. so I'm hoping someone here may know....

2. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

I have no idea if this will help you, but I know how it sucks when someone gives you dick responses or says Google it. So maybe this will head you in the right direction, or at least give you something to read lol.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=381860

3. PrinceAvalon thread starter macrumors member

Hmm.... I guess he can try to see if Rhythmbox will work now with the Touch.. he has Ubuntu 9.10.....

Newer than the ones mentioned

What version of Windows should he use though if it won't work XP or 7....

Keep in mind his main OS for work and stuff he does is Linux so if it won't work he'll use virtualbox but what would work better XP or 7 in this case?

4. enberg macrumors regular