iPod Touch on sale at Best Buy Canada

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by maestrokev, Oct 19, 2007.

1. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

In case any Canadians out there aren't aware, there's another sale on all iPods at Best Buy. Just picked up my Week 41 Touch. Online doesn't show any stock for store pickup but most stores do have them.

2. Reimer macrumors regular

Reimer

Thanks for the heads up. $14 savings on a 16GB Touch. It's not much but money is money.

Where did you pick yours up? Didn't believe Best Buys would have very recent builds compared to Apple stores

3. maestrokev thread starter macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

I'm in BC and picked up at Richmond BB, they had over 20+ in stock yesterday when I bought mine.

4. LouTreize macrumors regular

5. agentkow macrumors 6502

agentkow

Great to hear, because I'm going across the mall to the Future Shop and bringing in the Best Buy ad to get them to beat that price by an additional 10%. Which is pretty crazy considering they are the same company...

The best thing is that I've been exchanging RBC Rewards for Future Shop gift certificates, so besides the tax it will be completely free!

6. solyd macrumors regular

$435.99 for a 16gb touch? That's not on sale...I bought mine from Apple and it was cheaper than that...

7. Reimer macrumors regular

Reimer

It's slightly cheaper than the CANADIAN retail price.

8. Hooger macrumors newbie

I'm Canadian and went to Michigan to pick up the touch and got the 16gb for about 360CAD. A hell of a lot cheaper.

9. joxer macrumors newbie

Well sure, now that their dollar is racing for peso equivalence ;-). I got mine for a terrible $422 at the corporate discount.

10. maestrokev thread starter macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Where did you find this price, which store? Was this $360 including all taxes (as in legally bringing back to Canada)?

11. maestrokev thread starter macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

I tried to get FS to do the 10% price thing but they said it doesn't apply to iPods. Let me know if it works for you as I'm going to pickup another 16GB touch. Those FS sales people don't always tell the truth :)

12. agentkow macrumors 6502

agentkow

It's the first time I've ever attempted it, but while I've seen their "does not apply to iPods" thing for sales before, the website on their price match guarantee doesn't say anything about not applying to iPods. I would argue it.

13. Reimer macrumors regular

Reimer

I just tried price matching a 16GB Touch at a FutureShop here and the rep I was talking to said it was fine. Granted, it was just a couple of dollars off. I also live in Ontario though so I don't know if there are any policy differences between BC and ON.

14. beeeen macrumors member

Why does everyone use the term "week 40" and week 41" when talking about the touch/phone?

15. maestrokev thread starter macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

It's believed the earlier inventory of week 37-38 units had a greater chance of units having screen problems. Google it and you'll find everyone talking about it along with MacWorld. The firmware release helped fix.