Ipod touch on Tv

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sirwilliamix, Nov 16, 2007.

1. sirwilliamix macrumors newbie

I have a cord that made it so I can play my ipod on tv. It worked well with my video ipod 5.1 generation, but it doesn't work with my ipod touch, i only get sound out of the touch and no video. There were more options on the old ipod video that i remember, but i can't seem to get video out of the touch. what is the problem? is that new av cable that apple is selling for 49$ that connects to the touch via the bottom pin connector solve this problem? or did apple forget to add video playback on tv on the touch? can someone help me out on this?

2. chriswheat macrumors regular

You'll have to buy the new cable. The Touch and iPhone don't output video from the headphone jack like the old iPods did. Instead you need the cable that takes it out of the dock. I'm sure there's a reason other than to make money by selling a $49 cable, I just can't come up with one...

3. sirwilliamix thread starter macrumors newbie

ahh i see. i figured that would be the case. because i turned it with my old cable and got only audio out of it. i already order that new av cable so it should be working when it comes in. thanks for the info!

4. ShanePod macrumors member

The cable works great. and having the usb power adapter helps even out the cost. I wish you could view internet web pages on the tv but at least you can view youtube on it along with any video content on the web thats playable on the touch.