iPod touch iPOD touch or Iphone?

cavtma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2008
I am deciding between the 32 gig iPod Touch and the 16 gig iphone.

My Ipod is dying, so either way i need a new Mp3 player and feel that the 32 gig would be a good size. however, the constant webernet access of the iPHone coupled with it's GPS capabilities make it a nice little rival. I'm not one that needs to be tethered to my email, but I think it could be nice to have the internet slightly more accessible.

1) FOR THOSE THAT OWN AN ITOUCH - do you find yourself wishing you had constant internet access or are you pleasantly surprised by the amount of randomly placed networks?

2) FOR THE IPHONE - do you wish you had more memory for music playing?

3) HAVE THERE BEEN ANY RUMORS OF IPHONE UPDATES? I KNOW ONE JUST HAPPENED IN JULY BUT WOULD LIKE A LARGER STORAGE CAPACITY .. .
Thanks for your help in weighing my options.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I fall into category 2) and my 8GB iPhone is perfect for me. It would be nice from time to time to have 16GB for video, but not a big deal for me. You just don't carry around your whole library, but only your 4 and 5 star songs plus a few more playlists.

TEG

gillybean

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
1) FOR THOSE THAT OWN AN ITOUCH - do you find yourself wishing you had constant internet access or are you pleasantly surprised by the amount of randomly placed networks?
I'm lucky to have good wifi access at home and at work, so I get good internet access on it. Sometimes when I'm downtown walking around though, I wish I had internet access so I could check movie showtimes. I may get an iPhone instead before my next vacation though - I can imagine that the iPhone internet would be more important then. Also, it'd be nice to not have to carry both the touch and a cell phone in my pocket.

fbboi999

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
if money isn't an issue to you buy an iPhone... But apparently service is ridiculously expensive- $1320 a year is the stat everyone uses.

bobab8ey

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2008
I'm not one that needs to be tethered to my email, but I think it could be nice to have the internet slightly more accessible.
1 question for you: Does your definition of "nice to have" include paying $70+ in voice/data fees per month for 2 years? If yes, buy an iPhone. If no, get a new iPod Touch.