iPOD touch or Iphone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cavtma, Sep 10, 2008.

1. cavtma macrumors newbie

I am deciding between the 32 gig iPod Touch and the 16 gig iphone.

My Ipod is dying, so either way i need a new Mp3 player and feel that the 32 gig would be a good size. however, the constant webernet access of the iPHone coupled with it's GPS capabilities make it a nice little rival. I'm not one that needs to be tethered to my email, but I think it could be nice to have the internet slightly more accessible.

1) FOR THOSE THAT OWN AN ITOUCH - do you find yourself wishing you had constant internet access or are you pleasantly surprised by the amount of randomly placed networks?

2) FOR THE IPHONE - do you wish you had more memory for music playing?

3) HAVE THERE BEEN ANY RUMORS OF IPHONE UPDATES? I KNOW ONE JUST HAPPENED IN JULY BUT WOULD LIKE A LARGER STORAGE CAPACITY .. .
    Thanks for your help in weighing my options.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I fall into category 2) and my 8GB iPhone is perfect for me. It would be nice from time to time to have 16GB for video, but not a big deal for me. You just don't carry around your whole library, but only your 4 and 5 star songs plus a few more playlists.

TEG

3. gillybean macrumors 6502a

I'm lucky to have good wifi access at home and at work, so I get good internet access on it. Sometimes when I'm downtown walking around though, I wish I had internet access so I could check movie showtimes. I may get an iPhone instead before my next vacation though - I can imagine that the iPhone internet would be more important then. Also, it'd be nice to not have to carry both the touch and a cell phone in my pocket.

4. fbboi999 macrumors member

if money isn't an issue to you buy an iPhone... But apparently service is ridiculously expensive- $1320 a year is the stat everyone uses.

5. bobab8ey macrumors member

1 question for you: Does your definition of "nice to have" include paying $70+ in voice/data fees per month for 2 years? If yes, buy an iPhone. If no, get a new iPod Touch.

6. ajenda macrumors newbie

7. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

want a phone= iphone
    dont want a phone= itouch