iPod touch or iPod nano??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Neo91, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Neo91 macrumors newbie

Neo91

Hi,

I am from Germany and I'mliving for a half year in canada. I want t buy me an iMac here, because the canadian Dollar and the Euro are well for me. But I want to buy an iPod, too. Now I am asking what is better for me iPod touch or nano.
    -I need a portable VideoPlayer
    -But also a mp3 player during I'm jogging (sports)
    -the storage is by both enough so I don't need the iPod classic
    -sometimes I want to make calander thing,

I think the iPod touch is the better choice, but I don't no if it is to big for jogging or to put it in my pocket. And I'm afraid that it could be broken in my pocket?!?!:eek:

:confused:I need some opinions, thanks!!:confused:

Bye

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I don't really think an Ipod touch will be safe in your pocket without any sort of a case while jogging.
    Since the fatures you need are available on both the ipods why don't you go to the store and play around with both of them and see which one your comfortable with.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Touch

nano's screen is too small for video.

Im sure there are cases out there with which you can rest it on your arm or somewhere..

It won't let you edit calendar tho.

4. db2431 macrumors regular

I have eaxcaly the same problem, im a runner and I bought the nano video, have a touch arriving hopefully tomorrow, I will then decide which I want to keep or wwhether to keep both.

5. erasr macrumors 6502

I have a touch, but err for running you definitely need a Nano. I don't even bother taking my touch out the house usually cos it seems so more fragile. You need something cheap and small

6. RyanG macrumors 6502

Best of both worlds here. Nano for the gym, touch for everything else :)

7. i0Nic macrumors 65816

8. gvegastiger macrumors regular

Shuffle

I'd think about the shuffle. Its cheap and if you just want music while you jog, its the way to go. you aren't going to want to watch videos while you jog.

9. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

both

You need both. I don't think the Touch is good for working out, esp. running. You will make use of both of them. I have a first Gen. Nano that i LOVE. Still use it, yet i use my Touch all day at work.

10. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Buy a Touch and a Shuffle for exercise, that's another option-

11. carman63 macrumors regular

2nd. This would be the best way to go.

12. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

YES! I totally forgot about the shuffle. That is the perfect solution.

13. Neo91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Neo91

hy big thx guys, may be I will just buy an ipod touch, I will buy a case, I think it will work. Or I will buy touch and shuffle(I forgot the shffle)!!

Thx

14. Something4Kate macrumors member

I'm a runner too and definitely WOULD NOT run with my touch. It's too heavy and will be damaged if you drop it, especially running at speed or just onto concrete.

I run with an old nano which is perfect and I can also use the novelty Nike+ iPod device as a podometer and to keep track of my runs.

It's a tough decision, the video on the new nano is really for novelty factor only, I wouldn't watch a movie or even a TV show on that screen - it's too damn small.

If you can stretch your budget, I'd go for both. If not, get the nano.

SFK

15. chrismarks macrumors newbie

Same. Well when my touch arrives. I had to part with my trust 5.5G video to afford it but I cant wait. And the Shuffle is the best for running with. It lacks the nike+ feature which would be nice to have but its so small that you dont even notice it when you have it on you. How is everyone liking the touch?

16. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

I am a runner as well and I will be using my touch (just not touching it all sweaty like :p) with this. Or something like it when they come out.

17. db2431 macrumors regular

Great for running, Useless for the gym if you plan on doing any upperbody weights.Nano all the way.

18. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

If you are only lifting weights I don't see why you can't just put it in your pocket.. I've done that before.