iPod touch or PSP?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MXM, Jun 8, 2009.

1. MXM macrumors member

Hello,
    I'm a casual gamer and I'm thinking to either get an iPod touch or PSP.

I already have an iPod nano, so the main reason for getting an iPod touch will be playing with its applications, such as games, reading eBooks and other gadgets. As iPod touch has more applications to run, it appears to have some advantage over PSP. On the other hand, we can't deny that PSP is a good portable gaming console with many games. Can someone give me some suggestions please?

Thanks

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The games are much better on a PSP, it's a fantastic games system. But you said you're into casual games so maybe the iPod would be better. What sort of games are you interested in?

3. MXM thread starter macrumors member

I'm interested in racing game, RPG and some strategy or simulation games. Are there many of them on iPod? Thanks

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh then definitely the PSP. I got one because of the large RPG library and the racing games are brilliant on it. Not to mention GT PSP is out in a few months!

Yes for the PSP. The iPods game lineup just isn't, well, interesting compared to something as good as the DS or PSP.

5. maclook macrumors 65816

i have a ds/psp/ipod touch...
    as a college student, i don't spend hours playing games all day like i used to so the ipod touch works for me since i can download free games quickly and have something to play during lectures and such. i love my touch and quality apps just keep coming and coming. metal gear touch is a great touch screen game. also, i find non-gaming apps to be just as entertaining at times. theres a lot more reason to have a ipod touch in your backpack than a psp. the web browser and other software on the psp are horrible compared to the touch's.

i got my psp on launch day many years ago. i wasnt into apple back then and i viewed sony as the premium electronics company. god of war is an awesome game on the PSP and besides that there are a few gems out there. i will always prefer physical button controls, but i enjoy that on home consoles (xbox 360/ps3). in the end, spending $200 (or $250 for a PSP go) and then throwing $20-$40 for every single game is a rip off to me. i even used to buy UMD movies to watch on the plane. now my UMD movies are useless because id rather watch itunes movies on the gorgeous ipod touch screen.

so im recommending the iPod Touch, but if you strictly want gaming, the PSP has a stellar lineup that was showcased at this years e3. as of now, my PSP is collecting dust.

6. MXM thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot for your replies, that helps a lot. I like to have access to many games, but probably will spend a short amount of time on each. I guess iPod touch is more suitable for me.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

How do you spend a short amount of time on RPG's and strategy games? heh

8. MXM thread starter macrumors member

Well, that's the thing: it usually takes me ages to complete a game, and sometimes I even forgot where I left off. :D

9. maclook macrumors 65816

life is the best RPG and strategy game...and its free to play!

10. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well, it sounds like the ipod touch might be best for you. but you might want to wait on the next ipod touch to be released

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It's a shame the ending is alway the same...

12. matt1219 macrumors regular

Get a PSP 3000 for $170, then in the Fall you'll be able to get games on demand with the new update.

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Casual gamer...get the ipod touch because at the end of the day you'll have a brilliant MP3 player, internet browser and movie player small enough to fit in your pocket.

so do it.

Bless