iPod touch photo issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Windleaf2, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Windleaf2 macrumors newbie

Hi, anyone having problems with sycn their picts to the itouch? I get a message "photo's were not copied to the ipod because they can not be displayed"

All of the other features of the itouch are working fine, the photo part of the itouch does not want to sycn, with my picture files, and when I do get some picts to copy over to the itouch it does not display them properly, meaning their are bands of different colors on each picture viewed.

I have done a reset on the itouch but, problem still exits, never had these issues with my 30 gig classic regarding picture files being transferred to the ipod.

I went by all the instructions setting this baby up, hope it's only a software issue, cause all of the latest updates have been made.

Any ideas???:confused

2. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

What version of iTunes are you running? I've had no photo sync issues and I've got over 600 photos on the Touch. I simply told it which folders in my "pictures" folder I wanted synched over and it did everything else on its own.

3. bogman12 macrumors regular

The bigger issue is that itunes resizes your photo to one of lower resolution before copying it to the Touch, so your photos on the Touch is really a low res copy of your original. When you zoom in even slightly, the image looks like crap.

4. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

There is a setting you can change in iTunes to make it copy the full-res one on to the iPod, at least there is with my first gen Nano.

5. Windleaf2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the latest 7.4 itunes running, funny thing when I sent the first pictures over, it showed without flaw, when I went to move more files over the problem started.

Right on! even after it optimized my pictures files they still showed up with color bands over them, sort of a rainbow effect.

6. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

I have this issue with only one photo. I tried to change the resolution, tint it a darker color, etc. But nothing worked.

7. sdmiller macrumors newbie

I have found some boards where people are having this issue specifically with windows and the iphone. The exact same issue. I am running vista and am having this issue so I figure it is some problem with itunes and vista which has problems a plenty!

8. Windleaf2 thread starter macrumors newbie

ipod itouch vs Vista

After receiving the itouch the other day I installed it on a pc with vista, everything work except it wouldn't download pict files. All updates were current with both vista and the latest Apple firmware, having both a Nano and a Classic ipod with tons of picts on them I proceeded to sync the itouch for photo's.

Each time I would get a message saying that the pictures would not be properly displayed on the ipod(itouch), this was after the files were almost dowloaded to the itouch. Thinking this was a fluke, I restored the itouch to it's original settings(twice) to no avail.

After reading some threads from others with the iphone installed on pc's with Vista I decided to load it on a pc with XP It Worked!!!! mabey it's a vista thing I can't say for certain but worth a try for any of you experiencing this problem.

9. DeXtA macrumors member

Probably isnt the problem but have you tried re-sizing? I have some photos that are too big for the 5th gen? Could be worth a try?

10. Mchain44 macrumors newbie

The problem is that vista doesnt like jpeg files.Convert all jpeg files to bitmap files and your pictures will sync without any problems.