iPod touch photo optimisation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CTU Kyoto, Sep 30, 2007.

1. CTU Kyoto macrumors member

CTU Kyoto

I know that the iPod nano resizes photos for viewing on it screen, and I think the iPod touch does this too. With the nano it obviously reduces them to the dimensons of the screen, but since the touch has zoom features I was wondering if anyone knows what pixel dimensions are used for photos synced to the touch?

The reason I ask is I'd like to sync subway maps, timetables etc for easy viewing on the touch and I don't know how easy they will be to read if they get automatically resized.

Thanks in advance and hope I haven't duplicated a question in another thread (looked around before posting and couldn't find the same question…). I'm waiting for my touch to be delivered from the online Apple Store Germany and they just e-mailed saying the original shipping date of 28th September has been delayed to 3rd October, which is a public holiday here. So looks like I have plenty of time to investigate this kind of thing.

2. Remixen macrumors member

i think it was 3MB iTunes resized the pictures to, so about 6MP..

3. bogman12 macrumors regular

Detailed images like maps are not viewable on the touch after optimization...

You need to use the safari bookmark trick to view high res imgs from within safari.. Do a search for safari image bookmark for iphone.

4. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard