iPod Touch Plastic Bezel?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rooster 521, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Rooster 521 macrumors newbie

Does the iPod touch have a plastic or metal bezel? It looks like it's textured black plastic... Can anyone confirm?

2. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

yes it is plastic.

3. Rooster 521 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yikes! Really? Why did they do that? How cheap! ...I like the matte black bezel because it's easier to view content (vs. the polished metal on the iPhone), but plastic?! ARRG!

I also noticed that Apple used the polished chrome on back, which scratches like crazy if you look at it wrong. Come on Apple! Design your devices to take some abuse! Even if you only have them for 6 months because of updates, at least you'll enjoy using them more for the short period of time that they're relevant!

Apple: On future devices, take the textured metal that's on the back of the iPhone and combine that with a matte black textured metal bezel (not plastic), so they stand-up to every day wear and tear and look good down the road!

4. rbroady macrumors regular

holding my touch right now, pretty sure its metal.

plastic doesnt get cold like this

5. caMi macrumors regular

WRONG!

It is anodized black metal.

6. Rooster 521 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is metal? NICE!

So, why didn't Apple use the matte finish that's on the back of the iPhone, on the Touch? I thought they finally did away with that polished crap?! One step forward and two steps back! Can you say planned obsolescence?

7. caMi macrumors regular

It's an iPod thing :rolleyes:

I am not into the mirror finish either.

8. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I would be into the mirror finish if it had the same sort of glass protection the screen has, no scratches! You could probably figure out how to make a hard shell shrink wrap of the back.