iPod touch playcount to iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jpeebs, Sep 11, 2012.

1. jpeebs macrumors newbie

So this isn't so much a problem as it is my OCD getting the best of me; is there a reason why, when I sync my iPod touch (4g, 64Gb) to my computer, that it does not update the play count of songs in iTunes? It used to do this and I think it stopped doing this after I installed iOS 5 when it came out. Like I said, not an issue, just a quirk for me. If you know any way to change this, let me know. My brain hurts!

2. kaielement macrumors 65816

I didn't think it did this I have never seen it do it. It counts it differently how many times you play it on your computer and how many times you play on the iPod. It's two different file paths the only thing I can think of if it really bugs you is to just keep deleting and reloading the iPod would take awhile but you would know the play count is the same until you plug the iPod back into he computer. But in my mind it's pretty stupid to obsess over this. I don't know if there is a better answer maybe someone else has a better answer.

3. kaydot macrumors regular

In my experience, playcount is synched to iTunes and the plays are combined between desktop and iPod. I listen almost exclusively on my iPod, and the playcounts on my Mac reflect this. I would go hunting for a synch option that has been flipped since or around your upgrade.