iPod touch problem. It wont turn on, charge, give me anthing on the screen, etc!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheAppFinder, Apr 15, 2010.

1. TheAppFinder macrumors newbie

TheAppFinder

Hi, my friend gave me a 2nd gen 8 gb ipod touch. He told me that he had jailbroke it then one day it had crashed. And I thought that all I had to do was restore it. When I connected it to my Dell XPS 420 (windows 7) It was connected, and installing the driver's etc, but then it gave me a message, saying that it had failed, and could not recognize the ipod ("unknown usb device"). I looked at itunes and it wasnt showing up. not even a message about it.

I tried it on my imac g3, but it didnt work either, It wasnt showing up in itunes, nor did it give me a message.

I searched online but all i found was to restore it etc, but how can i restore it, when my pc and mac's wont recognize it?

Any body know how to fix this? thanks.

2. tkingart macrumors 6502

tkingart

I believe that while it's connected via USB, and within iTunes. You hold down both the power and home buttons until you see the Apple logo with a USB icon. Something along those lines. That's a hard reset that allows you to do a fresh install.

Give that a try.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

I wouldn't recommend trying to do anything on the G3 since it doesn't have the USB 2.0 ports you need to juice the iPod and be recognized correctly.

4. TheAppFinder thread starter macrumors newbie

TheAppFinder

I tried that but it showed nothing on the ipod touch or any messages on my pc.

5. TheAppFinder thread starter macrumors newbie

TheAppFinder

Well i just wanted to see if the touch would be recognized by my imac g3, since it recognized my 3rd gen nano just fine.

6. ***AM*** macrumors newbie

It doesnt work

i bought an ipod touch last october and for some reason yesterday it just went off and it was fullly charged but then when i tried putting it back on the light came on and the apple sign came on but after a few seconds it went a bit dim and just went off. I have tried charging it but it just turns on and then goes off again and the same happens when i plug it in the pc it doesnt recongise it..please help:confused:

7. Gatorsxrule macrumors member

DFU and Restore
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034