Ipod touch problem! need help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Xgamer1224, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Xgamer1224 macrumors regular

my ipod touch is acting weird. i tried to sync it to itunes and then it started syncing something that i didnt want it to. so i cancelled it and unplugged my ipod. now it just has the apple logo on the black screen as if it was restarting, but after a half-hour, it is still there! it tried to restart it but it does the same thing. plz help!

2. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

Tip #1: DON'T UNPLUG DURING SYNC.

You need to put it into DFU mode and restore. Turn it off, if possible. Hold the Power and Home buttons. It should boot up. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but keep holding the home button. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it's in restore mode.

Then restore it and don't unplug it again. Just let it sync, or hit the x up at the top.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps!

3. Xgamer1224 thread starter macrumors regular

4. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

Huh. That's weird. You made sure it was done cancelling? Another way is to slide to cancel on your iPod. That seems to cancel it faster for me. Either way, did you try restoring it?

5. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

Let it do a complete sync. After its done, go through the settings of the iPod on your iTunes and turn off whatever you don't want, like calendars or contacts.

6. Xgamer1224 thread starter macrumors regular