Ipod touch problem need serious help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by jackassxl101, Nov 6, 2007.

1. jackassxl101 macrumors newbie

Ok well there are some of these threads but no one has answered with a logical answer.

First off
    I have searched through these forums for this answer and i cannot find the solution.

Ok first of i used the touchfree.exe the one where it was one click and that was it. It did not work the first time it froze while it was writing some file like the 2nd or 3rd step. I did restore my ipod before this and after it froze i just tried again and then everything worked and i got my jailbroken ipod.

The problem.

When i connect my ipod to my computer it says it is a iphone and that the proper software is not installed and that i should reinstall.

What i did.

I tried plugging it in and it comes up as a camera.
    I tried doing a hard restore. and my computer didn't recognize it.
    I tried uninstalling itunes and searching for all apple and itunes files and deleting them.
    I also tried punching and screaming at my touch too and that didn't work.

I have searched at least 4 forums about this subject and i cannot find a solution.

Any feedback or suggestions about this would be greatly appreciated.

2. phoenix.stu macrumors member

I am sorry man, I can't help you with that particular thing since I used ijailbreak. Good luck with that.

LMAO
    That is some funny stuff man. Keep it up. My sides are hurting from laughing so hard.
    Good humor!!:cool:

3. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

Connect the iPod Touch to your computer.
    Hold down the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. The iPod Touch will reset. Keep holding the buttons down for 20-25 seconds. Do not release the buttons during the reboot process.
    A screen should appear with an icon indicating you should connect your iPod Touch to iTunes. iTunes should open by itself; if it does not, open it.
    A dialog box should appear in iTunes saying "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode.You must Restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes." Dismiss the box and on the iPod page click Restore. iTunes will then download the image and restore the iPod Touch to its factory default.

4. jackassxl101 thread starter macrumors newbie

If you would have read my post I already tried that.the iPod does not come up after a hard restore.