iPod touch problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by omaryunus, Nov 26, 2008.

1. omaryunus macrumors newbie

well im new here but I have had my touch for quite a while about 8 months ands well I plugged it in yesterday and uploaded my new songs and when I ejected it and tried to play the new songs they werent there :( then I went back to itunes did the whole thing again and nope not there... I have to say my iTouch was jailbroken but then I restored the ipod back to factory setting and still nada no songs coming up... I then upgraded the ipod to 2.2 and STILL THE SAME THING! :( I can put everything on the ipod but videos and songs... photos go on fine and when I check the itouch page which shows you how much video and audio cover your hdd... it doesnt cover anything but "other" covers alot :( any ideas whats going on with this?? Ive done this on a PC and a Mac, Used multiple different versions of iTouch firmware... I have no idea what to do :( anybody have any idea what I should do?? (Im overseas atm so returning it to Apple is not an option :() If there is nothing I can do I have been eyeing the Gears of war 2 special edition Zune so might pick that up if there is nothing to do with the touch

2. myusername macrumors member

myusername

Sarcasm and Help

Hate to be the first to comment but it's an iPod Touch, not an iTouch, there has never been a product sold by Apple called an iTouch, sounds like a bogus product for a Saturday Night Live commercial spoofing Apple.

Try a DFU restore.

(1) Plug in Touch to the USB cable and power.
    (2) While holding both buttons wait until the screen goes black
    (3) Let go of the top sleep button keep holding home button
    (4) iTunes should launch and Touch should have a blank screen
    (5) When iTunes says found an iPod in recovery mode click restore.
    iPod will reboot and need to be connected to iTunes again and then try transferring music and videos over again.

This is not the same as just clicking the restore button.

All else fails bring it to the Genius Bar and have them look at it and if it's under a year they might replace it if they can replicate the issues.

-r

3. omaryunus thread starter macrumors newbie

well it was called an itouch for the longest time before it was released true they named it ipod touch now im just used to itouch since I had been reading about it forever... anyways thanks for the reply and I am trying that right now will let you know what happens? and yet again thank you :D

4. omaryunus thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Touchy macrumors regular

See thread "music lost from iPod touch" started 11/17/08. It sounds like the same problem I had. Hope this helps.

6. omaryunus thread starter macrumors newbie

well tried your method aswell and still nothing but I think we have pretty much the same problem... well I broke down and bought the Zune im just a big fan of gears of war and gears on a Zune it just looks soo hot... but i still want to fix this so I can sell it or just use it for other purposes any other help would be GREATLY appreciated