Ipod Touch Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by patai2006, Jan 20, 2009.

1. patai2006 macrumors newbie

when i download free apps on itunes.. it dosent sync too my ipod... either i dont know how too .. or it jus dosnt do it on its own if its suppose too.. any help please?

also

when i sync photos or videos to my ipod touch it syncs it fine... then i go to my music which i synced awhile ago and theres nothing there.... it deleted my music when i synced my photos or videos.... any help here please?

grealty appreciated thanks

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Make sure your ipod touch is updated to 2.2. It has to be above 2.0 to install apps. If it is make sure under the application tab it says to sync apps.

3. DVNO macrumors newbie

Also, make sure your iTunes preferences are set to sync applications with your iPod.

4. patai2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

really... mine is 1.1.5 .... and my credit card isnt going threw cause it keeps saying " re try security code " or w.e ... so thats pretty lame...wow...... so any news on why my ipod deletes my music when i upload photos or videos ?

5. patai2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

so where would that exactly be.. i kno in preferences but under which tab.. i couldnt find it

Also, make sure your iTunes preferences are set to sync applications with your iPod.

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

The tab doesn't show up unless you are on 2.0+ sorry.

7. patai2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

damn so i have too pay the 10 bucks to get a 2.0 or higher verison ? thats pretty lame... wish itunes would accept my credit card

8. patai2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

and also... my first question... still its doing it.. now i synced my music back onto it.. and my videos are gone lol... if i sync my videos.. than my music is gone.. lol wtf ... seems to me i have to sync EVERYTHING pics/vid/music all at once.. but even then thats pretty lame....what if i wanted to jus upload 1 more new pic or somthing.... idk itunes is the worst software i have ever came across in my life =-/

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

It's not really, you just have to know how to use it. Make your life easier and when you ipod is plugged in check "manually manage music and videos". Then you can put one thing at a time.

10. patai2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

ic... alright sorry bout that... one more question ... looking around and seeing these firmware updates or w.e .... could i jus download a 2.0+ firmware and then be set for apps? or even better.. down the road do this "jail brake " or pwn or w.e and jus get all apps for free? guessing thats what those do

11. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

you can do the first thing you said. Jailbreaking is really easy, I love it.

12. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I wouldn't jailbreak unless you're running 2.0 or above. Some apps may require 2.0+ firmware.

13. patai2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so... i got the first gen ipod touch 16gig.... any good firmware updates for that ? or any that would best fit me w.o problems

14. patai2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry guys.... i was doing shift + update instead of shift + restore ... got it all working with 2.2 .... thanks anyways ....