ipod touch problems - hard locking & more

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by trishal317, Mar 25, 2010.

1. trishal317 macrumors newbie

I figure I would try posting here to see if anyone would have any advice for me. For about 3 weeks now, my Ipod Touch has been "hard-locking" (I found the term online - basically it's freezing) and in order to get it to work again (temporarily since it does this more often than not), I have to hold the top button and the middle button (I guess the way you would normally reset an ipod?) ... Last time I had a problem with an Ipod, Apple wanted to charge me $50 to have it sent it (and that one was a Nano) so I'm not too keen on having to send it out (there's no Apple store here and I'm well over the 30 days to use the store where I bought it to address problems)

I've tried resetting the Ipod to factory settings but that was no help? Is there anything else I can try?

2. androiphone macrumors 65816

is it not the case that it is with the store that the warrenty is held with, so even though it is past the 30day return garrentee, if something is wrong with the devise they HAVE to honnor the warrenty on behalf of apple, at least that's what its like in uk