iPod Touch Problems. (Multiple problems, multiple iPods)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hiimjimmy, Jan 4, 2009.

1. hiimjimmy macrumors newbie

Okay, since December 26th, 2008, my household has seen three iPod Touches. One for me and one for my brother, and a third after I had to exchange my first one. All are 8GB memories, but I don't think that one's relevant.

So now to the problems:

All three: Apps sometimes do not load. When you click on an app, it brings the first screen up and then goes back to home.

On mine (The one I have now): The screen is loose. I have no idea how it happened, but I noticed every time I touched anything it made a clicking noise and the bottom corner of the screen is set farther in than the rest of them, and you can feel it move when you press on it.

On my brother's: Date and Time keep changing to the wrong times and dates. At 7:41pm today it read 8:42 Sept 13 2008. He says when you reset the time it eventually goes to a different random time.

I'm thinking of just returning the two I have now and either buying from a different source (Got them at Wal Mart for my employee discount) or investing in something else. Any fixes for the date/time thing? I'm pretty sure there's nothing you can do about the screen...

This isn't at all related, but I think it's stupid to make something so expensive so fragile, you pretty much NEED a case to even look at the thing. ^_^

2. hiimjimmy thread starter macrumors newbie

Two days, no responses...

Anyone know how to at least fix the time and date problem?

3. thornev macrumors member

I had the same problem with starting an app, getting its splash screen and then back to home. I had to repurchase and reinstall the app. I think the problem had to do with the fact that I had purchased the app using my g/f's iTunes Store id and then she installed it for her Touch. I don't know if that makes any sense, but after she installed the app, that's when mine stopped working.

As for the other problems, bring it back to the store for a swap. Those problems sound too weird. thorne