Ipod touch problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by coldeh01, Oct 13, 2007.

1. coldeh01 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone.

I have had my ipod touch for 3 days now. I decided to put some music on it yesterday before heading off to london so i set it all up on my macbook pro and sync'd some music. Had a quick check to see if it was working and packed it up in the touch box.

Got home from work and took it out the box to show my girlfriend, and I click music, it shows the music screen blank then goes back to home. So i click video and it does the same.

So i plug it into the mac again to check whats going on and it wont sync, it doesnt even show up in itunes. I get the bleep noise but nothing else. This has not been dropped, it has not even been used outdoors.

I have only played music for like 3 mins on it max, its safe to say im a little dissapointed that my 16GB 270pound ipod is broken within 48 hours of delivery?

Any suggestions

2. kevbo1983 macrumors member

Did you try restoring it through iTunes? That would be a good place to start.

3. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

take it back to the apple store they will help you

4. adamsweeting macrumors regular

If iTunes won't recognise it, you'll have to restore it - and hope that sorts it out.

Put the iPod into restore mode (the screen where you see the iTunes icon and the USB cable)
    To do that, hold down the sleep/wake button and the home button together until you the iPod turns off and then keep holding.... you'll then see the apple logo - when you see that take your finger off the sleep/wake button - but keep your finger on the home button.

If that doesn't work first time, keep trying - I've hear some people take several attempts (to get it into restore mode that is, not having to restore the iPod)

5. coldeh01 thread starter macrumors newbie

How can I restore it through itunes if itunes cant see it? I live in the UK and this part of the country does not have a apple store anywhere within 5 hours :(

6. adamsweeting macrumors regular

7. coldeh01 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think this has worked.

I LOVE YOU

8. adamsweeting macrumors regular

Hey, No problem!!

I had to restore my iPod 3 times when doing the Jailbreak - so I know it works.

Let me know if you get it back up and running.

9. coldeh01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its fixed.

Thank you very much!

I phoned apple before, (didnt wanna go trying stuff as im pretty unfamiliar with the touch) and the dude on the phone was useless.

Oh well, fixed now

:D:D:D:D:D

10. adamsweeting macrumors regular

Glad to hear it mate!

Next step.... Jailbreak - you gotta do it!

11. KwingFalkena macrumors newbie

hi there,
    I got my ipod touch 16Gb just today( i live in the netherlands and well.. the delivery from Apple to this small country lacks efficiency) and well... a guy from the Apple store thought it would be funny to 'activate' my Touch on one of the Macbooks in the store and then show me some stuff I obviously already knew. I was just eager to get home and to put some music and videos on it. Well, the thing is... iTunes doesn't recognize my Touch. Is it the problem that that d*ckhead from the store already activated it on another computer? I've got Windows XP and the other one obviously was MacOsX. What can I do to fix this? I've already tried that restore mode thing but it didn't quite work the first time. I just keep trying, but hopefully someone can help me.