Ipod touch purchase help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sgtboy, Dec 19, 2007.

1. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Hello there,

I bought an ipod touch pretty much when they were barely available (week 37) and had a lot of problems with screen colors/brightness etc, as you are probably very aware. I figured it let the problems "die down" and wait a bit until now, so my question is, are the negative blacks etc issues pretty much fixed now? I see a new ipod box with John Lennon on it and was hopefully going to buy one soon. What week are we at now as far as the touch's? I bought a week 37 and wondered if most of the issues had been resolved by now.
    Thanks

2. godisjustpreten macrumors member

I'm in a similar situation, although my first one was a week 43, with some other weeks for replacements. Anyway, I'm tempted to order from Amazon to try again, now that they have it for $270 with free shipping.
    There are tons of threads here about screen issues and weeks. It appears that it has not died down, so to speak. Either some people have low standards, or there really are some quality units out there.

3. sgtboy thread starter macrumors 6502

". It appears that it has not died down, so to speak. Either some people have low standards, or there really are some quality units out there."

Umm, unless I read that wrong i think your contradicting yourself.....it HASNT died down or it has? lol

4. godisjustpreten macrumors member

Sorry. I meant to say that it appears that from week 38 to the present, there are tons of people who have had problems (like myself). We go through many exchanges only to have one problem after another. However, there has always been a ton of people who are quite happy with the Touch and have no idea what the people complaining are talking about. For example, here's a thread I started: link

"There hasn't been any widespread problems with weeks 38 +
    You'll be fine."
    This was one of the responses I got. This doesn't fly with someone like myself who's problems started with week 43.

5. sgtboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Yikes, yea I just found your thread a few minutes ago, now I'm a bit skeptical about it :(

6. aki macrumors 6502a

I can't give you any statistics, but my touch (bought ages ago) is perfectly fine and I thought that the bad screens was only an early problem, I haven't read about recent problems, at least here in Japan. I think it's fine now.