Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FireSokar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I purchased my little one an iPod touch for Christmas this year on Nov 16. It has been fine (JB of course) about a month ago his battery started jumping all over the place above and below 20%. I wiped it and set it up as a new device and it still continues. So I went on apples website and noticed they do not offer advanced replacements for this device so I was wondering if the apple store will accept me recording it occuring just in-case it does not happen in the store? Has anyone else had an similar issue if so how did it go?

pcmxa

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2011
ABQ
I have had mine jump up and down, but usually only by a few percentage points when I lock and unlock it. It will sometimes also do it on certain games. It is annoying when it happens at the 20% mark since then it pops up that damn message.

Don't know what the Mac store will say but would be curious to hear.

fabian9

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2007
Bristol, UK
Will you let me use your time machine if I ask nicely, what's life like in november 2011? ;)

In all honesty, I'm sure the apple store will replace it for you as you're still within warranty. Unless the device has been physically damaged of course, beyond fair usage.

jonrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2011
^

Apple *does* state devices may need their battery replaced and if so, it's covered under warranty. Make sure it's restored to factory settings because they won't fix it or look at it if it's jailbroken.

If you're not wanting to have it replaced just yet, you can bring it to the Genius Bar at a local Apple store and they'll diagnose it and go over your options with you.

Tech Elementz

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2011
Will you let me use your time machine if I ask nicely, what's life like in november 2011? ;)

In all honesty, I'm sure the apple store will replace it for you as you're still within warranty. Unless the device has been physically damaged of course, beyond fair usage.

I was certainly wondering about November 2011. I think he ment November 2010. LOL :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.