Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blair99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
My ipod touch is software version1.1.2 and i want to know about (downgrading/custom firmware can you plz send me a link to where i can downgrade and then install a custom fireware.

Also what can i do with this custom firmware?

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
My ipod touch is software version1.1.2 and i want to know about (downgrading/custom firmware can you plz send me a link to where i can downgrade and then install a custom fireware.

Also what can i do with this custom firmware?

Custom firmware? Are you talking about jailbreaking?

blair99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
ok my question really kinda didn't get answered. Let me refrase it.
THIS jail break thing is liek the psp thing right.
it downgrades it so you can put on special hack games(homebrewd).

But when the ipod touch upgrades there firmware is the jailbreak thing going to come up with na new version so then we can get the new features in the ipod touch updates?

(sorry im new to the ipod touch mt friend has one he did ythr jail break thign but he dosen't know anything about this. But need to know soem information befor i do it

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
ok my question really kinda didn't get answered. Let me refrase it.
THIS jail break thing is liek the psp thing right.
it downgrades it so you can put on special hack games(homebrewd).

But when the ipod touch upgrades there firmware is the jailbreak thing going to come up with na new version so then we can get the new features in the ipod touch updates?

(sorry im new to the ipod touch mt friend has one he did ythr jail break thign but he dosen't know anything about this. But need to know soem information befor i do it
someone care to translate this from gibberish to English?

really. get Firefox, it has a built in spell checker, it would help you out a bunch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.