Ipod Touch Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rhodent2013, Jun 12, 2009.

1. rhodent2013 macrumors member

I just got my iPod touch in and I was wondering (my macbook comes in on Monday I am assuming abd I really want to use my ipod; but since you have to connect it to itunes before you can actually use it...) that if I hooked my iPod up to this PC so that I could use it, could I use it with my Macbook? Or will I have to erase everything off of my iPod when it connects to the macbook. I have read where pc ipods work with mac but not vice versa. But I wondered if any of you have had this experience and what was the outcome?

2. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

The iPod touch and iPhone operate on their OS; they don't have to be formatted for a PC or a Mac. As long as the active iTunes account on both computers is the same, you should be fine.

3. Lipstick macrumors member

Your iPod Touch would be fine on both PC and Mac. Just plug it in and sign in. Be sure to authorize the new Mac.

4. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

dude this is ur second post on the exact same thing. u just posted this question like five minutes ago

5. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

I know. haha. No one was answering so I posted somewhere else.

6. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

Are you 100% sure about this?

7. ajbart macrumors newbie

Excellent, I wasn't aware of that. I'd been staying clear of my brothers pc thnking, like my old iPod classic, that the iPod touch wouldn't work at all. My iPod is set to manually manage content, does that mean I can transfer music / videos etc from the pc then?