iPod Touch questions about calendar/apps/PDA functions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by metroplex, Aug 7, 2008.

1. metroplex macrumors newbie

I am looking to buy a PDA and most of the stuff seems to have issues with reliability and dying out after a few weeks or months. I had a Toshiba e330 (from 2001) that lasted exactly 27 days of easy use (kept in case, etc...)

I heard the ipod Touch is very good, but I have not been able to get a clear answer on its capabilities as a PDA.

1). Can I enter new entries in the calendar?
    2). Do I have access to the QWERTY keyboard in the Calendar and notes apps?
    3). Can I use a stylus or do I have to use my fingers/thumbs to enter characters?

4). Overall, how suitable is the Touch for use as a PDA?

5). Can I play iPod games/apps on the Touch, like the Square-Enix game that builds characters based on songs?

Thanks in advance

2. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Fingers only. No stylus.
    4) I think it is a great PDA. I've had two Palms that I rarely used, but I find that I use the iPod touch on a daily basis. To me, the over the air syncing with MobileMe puts it over the top (available only with 2.0 software).
    5) To play games (other than web apps and jailbreak apps) you will need to purchase to 2.0 software for $10. The iPod touch does NOT come with 2.0 software. To see what games are available, check out the App store in iTunes.

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

1. Yes, so long as it has 1.1.4 firmware or higher firmware on it.

4. seeny macrumors regular

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

Fixed that for you.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

3) There are specialized stylus available for the iPod Touch. Just google "ipod touch stylus."