iPod Touch questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jander, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Jander macrumors newbie

Hi,

Right now I'm a proud owner of a wMacBook and I really love it. I was thinking in buying a PDA, but then I realized that all I needed was covered by a jailbreaked iPod Touch. I've been reading these forums, and browsing Google/Youtube to see how much difficult this was (and I think I'll be able to do it :p).

But I have a few questions about it, and I hope you might be able to answer them:

- Is it possible to use the iPod Touch with a PDA-style pencil? I don't want the touchscreen to get greasy with my fingers :S

- When you do the jailbreaking (I know the riscs are up to me), if something goes wrong, can I return to the "factory defaults"?

- I'll be using my iPod a lot in my University, where I have a good Wifi conection. That wifi requires WPA with TTLS and PAP. Will I have any problems with this in my iPod? Or is the Wifi configuration equal to the OSX one?

Thanks for all, hope you can answer them :)

2. Kyro macrumors newbie

1. Not to sure but I recommend getting a film to go over the top of the screen (I chose the invisible shield) and I barely get any fingerprint marks on it.

2. Yes, I did this worked fine then did the jailbreak again and bam perfect.

3. I assume it would be, and I am very certain that you will be able to set it up.

3. jumpmaster macrumors newbie

It is quite unlikely that you'll be able to use your IPT at school. Many schools use WPA Enterprise encryption which the touch doesn't support. Call your school's helpdesk to see if this is the case there...if the person that answers the phone sounds dubious, ask to speak to whoever handles the campus wireless network.

4. adamsweeting macrumors regular

Ermmm.... my Wireless network at home is WPA, and it works fine.

5. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

No stylus pen on the touch. Iy will only work with fingers (bare fingers apparently, the manual says you can't even be wearing gloves.. I guess that depends on the gloves).

You'll get used to the greasy... you can't see it when the touch is on, only off. Also, it's easy to clean.

6. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

WPA Personal or Enterprise? Which one?

7. adamsweeting macrumors regular

I'm not 100% sure... but I think it's personal.

8. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

So, as jumpmaster said, if your campus uses an encryption algorithm that the Touch doesnt recognize....you wont get a connection.

9. adamsweeting macrumors regular

I guess so... But I've never come across a network I can't connect to (yet!)

10. Jander thread starter macrumors newbie

It's nice to read that. I was a bit paranoid about this issue, but I think I'll handle it :)

About the wifi connection, I'll try to get more info. In the worst case I think I could route the iPod through the MacBook :confused: