Ipod Touch Questions!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by skibum12189, May 1, 2008.

1. skibum12189 macrumors newbie

Hey fellas....well my 30 gb photo officially kicked the bucket (solid 2 and a half years, potentially the best investment i've made in my 18 years)

needless to say, i am mac for life. i'm excited for the new mbp's this summer and im getting one for college. but more importantly i need a new ipod. i think im gonna get the 16 gb (trade in my old one) and it'd be like 390 bucks which, for waht i'm getting, in my opinion and for how much i'll use it, is a deal.

but a few questions
    1. is there a really good athletic armband for it. i was reading on apple.com's store and none got that good of reviews. i run quite a bit and do alot of lifting and want a good case/armband that's gonna keep my baby safe and sound and functional. know of any????
    2. they're not gonna double the capacity within the next 3 months are they?
    3. the ipod touch's are really worth it right??

also, should i get an unlocked iphone instead. right now (t-mobile and not changing soon) i need a phone and i was thinking a blackberry, but iphones just smoke blackberrys in every category, but i dont wanna buy one and be out 400 bucks a week later when it breaks and its not under warranty.

any suggestions. thanks fellas, you guys know it all.

2. skibum12189 thread starter macrumors newbie

also, what's teh best regular case for it (around the house, dorm, town) i want to keep it in perfect condish. screen protector. i'll gladly spend the money now to protect her.

3. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

1. I don't have an armband but I've been considering getting one for running. The Belkin Coolmax looks the nicest, but you're right, they all have bad reviews.

2. There are no guaranties that they won't double the capacity. Most people originally thought it would take longer to go from 16gb to 32gb. You never really know. However, I think flash is still too expensive to make another big jump so soon. I'm thinking that we'll have 64gb by maybe x-mas.

3. I think its worth it. Its just about the coolest gadget I've ever seen, let alone owned. I do find it a little harder to use at some times (like driving) compared to the click wheel iPods, but still I wouldn't go back. I love it.

4. My case is the Incase Slider. It protects the back and sides while still keeping the sleek look. I think it might look even better with the case on actually. Plus the iPod Touch is so small that its kinda hard to hold at times (I'm clumsy), and I find the case adds just enough grip to keep me from dropping it...so far :p

I also have the Power Support Crystal Film on the screen and back (under the case). Can't be too careful.

4. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

1. Don't know much on the armbands.
    2. They COULD double the capacity to 64GB, but if it happens it would happen anywhere from September '08 - January '09, if not later.
    3. They are definitely worth it, the best Portable Media Player on the market, can't even explain all the sweet features :D
    4. For an everyday use case, the Griffin iClear that I have is pretty nice, but lots of really annoying dust gets in it.

The case that I would definitely recommend is the Incase slider, looks great while leaving the screen open and keeping everything protected

5. Apple-Man23 macrumors regular

1. No clue sorry
    2. I would be absolutly shocked if it happened within the next 3 mo.
    3. YES x1000 My iPod touch is one of the best investments i have ever made. I use it for so much more than just music too. the browser, maps, notepad make it a can't live without gadget
    4. I have a leather belkin case w/ a screen protector (highly recomended) and it works fine for me

hope this helps you out!!

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

the iPod touch Is not suited for working out, I just dropped an extra fifty on a shuffle and was done with it

7. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Just a suggestion, but Apple generally runs a back to school promotion where you get around $180 towards the purchase of an iPod if you by a Mac. Only if you are a student, faculty, or staff.