iPod touch questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by azcardsfan, Sep 11, 2008.

1. azcardsfan macrumors member

I just bought the 2G iPod touch 16 gb for $302 shipped from the Apple store online and have some questions before it comes:
    1. Is the dock/usb connector the same as the rest of the ipods (ipod nano)? I have an ipod connection in my car and just wanted to make sure this would work.
    2. Can you jailbreak the new touch with the instructions from the other touch? Is it worth it to jailbreak the ipod and whats the best software to jailbreak it with.
    3. Whats some good software to convert divx/xvid files to ipod touch format?

2. seamustry macrumors member

wait until jail breaking software for 2.1 comes out...

3. aki macrumors 6502a

3. VisualHub (or isquint or whatever it was if that still existing)

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

you could jailbreak it, but i personally dont see the point. at my school, people always jailbreak and spend countless hours customizing it with different themes each day. they focus more on the customizing and less with the reason the device was actually designed for, an ipod with touch controls. i could say, hey why dont you use the safari to browse to (some site), and they'd be whats that? i don't think i have safari, but look, i changed the iPod icon to (something else). but anyway, wait a few days, jailbreak will be out for 2.1 soon.

5. ralphc20 macrumors newbie

I got a question

Does the the touch automatically sync with iphoto and if it doesn't what do i have to do to make that happen

yeah i just bought one :D

6. azcardsfan thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, but it looks like thats only for Mac. Is there a good one for Vista?