ipod touch rebate,does middle school student qualify?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by baksharp, Sep 4, 2008.

1. baksharp macrumors newbie

Hello,
    i am Mac newbie and a first time poster. I have learnt a lot about Macs by just reading this forum.

Question:
    Does anybody know if buying an iMac for a Middle school student qualify for the free IPOD/IPOD Touch rebate? or does it have to be a College student only?

Thanks in advance,

baksharp.

2. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I think it is only good for college students.

3. NintendoChick macrumors regular

the discount is only offered to "higher education" (college) students, select home schools, and staff to K-12 schools.
    From the apple website:

"Do I qualify?

The following individuals are eligible to purchase a Mac using the Apple education discount and get a free iPod touch or iPod nano after rebate. Offer ends September 15, 2008.
    Higher Education

* Faculty or staff members of a public or private higher education institution in the United States
    * Students currently attending or accepted into a public or private higher education institution in the United States
    * Parents purchasing on behalf of a child who is a student currently attending or accepted into a public or private higher education institution in the United States

K-12

* Employees of public or private K-12 institutions in the United States
    * School board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members
    * PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed officers
    * Individuals from qualified homeschools
    * Employees of public or private, for-profit or nonprofit preschools"

4. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

No, but if you know a college student, or someone that was in it and still has their ID, get them to go with you when you buy it, or simply buy it online and hope they don't ask for an ID later.

5. baksharp thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for all the responses!...

thanks for all the responses!...