iPod touch rebate

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tommyGB, Sep 4, 2009.

1. tommyGB macrumors member

tommyGB

Hi guys

I'm really frustrated. I've bought a mbp with a 8gb ipod thru the student rebate system. I've completed the form. However, it says to send the stickers/labels which i have. The prob is I found it really difficult to pull them off the boxes without ripping them.

Whilst I am totally for Apple making sure only the right people get the rebate. This seems to be a really low tech way of proving you own the ipod etc. They have my receipt with serials no.s on etc. What happens if id ripped the label over the serial number? Would that of invalidated my rebate?

Any advice/experiences regarding this?

Cheers

Tom

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Maybe blow it with a hairdryer until the glue gets hot and then peel it of? Scan it?

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I assume you are part of the international store as I believe that the U.S. store has gone to electronic verification.

4. tommyGB thread starter macrumors member

tommyGB

Cheers Guys

Yeah I'm using the UK store. I bought the MBP and iPod at an Apple Retail Store. Oh well ive managed to pull them off. The MBP was easier as its bigger. However, the iPod one was a lot more trickier as its so small. Grr.

I plan to sell my iPod to a mate. This wont effect it will it?

Cheers

Tom

5. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

I'm in the same position. I'm still waiting for my order to arrive but I've filled the form in.

I thought about just cutting them off but... don't fancy hacking into the boxes

6. sab150 macrumors regular

the trick is to not peel the sticky bit off.. the sticker kind of peels in half