ipod touch refurb?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by olly666, Jun 26, 2009.

1. olly666 macrumors regular

olly666

I'm looking to upgrade my ipod touch to the 2G version and found it on the apple store for $179 refurbed... I bought my macbook as a refurb and the experience was great. Is there any reason I shouldn't go the same route for an ipod? Thanks.

2. dborja macrumors 6502a

There's no reason not to. Brand new earphones, cable, etc. Unit just like new (or better). Warranty reset to one year. It may even come with OS 3.0...:)

3. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

I wouldn't!

I have a 1G iPod touch and had it a little while since it came out.

It's so close till September! I'd wait until the new iPod Touch Might come out.

You don't want to get stuck with the old tech.

4. olly666 thread starter macrumors regular

olly666

Meh, everything is "old tech" the second you buy it. I'm not gonna base my purchases off waiting months for stuff to come out so that I can be the first to have it...

5. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

the new ipod should arrive in september so if u cna wait for about 3 months, you geta better product w/ a faster processor and maybe an OLED screen. so wait! don't buy now. if u don't like the new one, u can get the old 2G for even less.

6. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

Well it's not really rushing to be the first to have it.

It's the fact that the new one can do things that the one you might purchace can't.

It's gaurenteed that the new iPod touch will have things that the old one will not.

Example: The 1G iPod touch can't play some games becouse the 2G graphics are better.

Your definately going to miss out on a lot of nice features by not waiting.

You may regret it.

If you have an iPod touch already why not wait? Like me.

If you a 1G owner like me you paid $300+ for it. The 2G came out with better features and slot cheaper. about $230.

The 3G can only get cheaper based on inprovements in technology. maybe $170.

And you could be buying an older device for the same price.

3 months... I don't mind waiting.

7. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

It's a good deal...if it fits your needs now, why wait? If you really needed more features that the 3G might come out with...well then you wouldn't be considering buying one now. :p Go for it. :)

8. sravana macrumors regular

I just bought a 2G refurb from the apple store - it has a bit of light leak, but other than that it looks just fine. No problems, worked out of the box - but the earbuds! Yikes. How awful. My ears are small, and they don't stay in at all. New earbuds were my first purchase.