Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Are there any worth money iPod Touch remotes out there? I hate taking my iPod in and out of my money just to switch the track, change the volume, or even pause the song for a few seconds.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
Are there any worth money iPod Touch remotes out there? I hate taking my iPod in and out of my money just to switch the track, change the volume, or even pause the song for a few seconds.

I thought one of apple's headsets allow one to do all those things from the headset cord?

not 100% sure.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Depends on what you mean by 'worth the money' but certainly a lot better value than the Apple remote is the Gear4 Blueye. It's a combined remote and BT headset, so you can pair a phone to it and use the wired headphones as a BT headset (the mic is in the remote).

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
I'll second the Bluetooth option. If you get a Bluetooth adapter for your Touch (several companies make them), any Bluetooth headphones will work and include remote control of track +/-, vol =/-, pause and play. Extreeeemly convenient. :)

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I think the iPhone headphones might work as that's what the mic button does…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.