iPod Touch Repacements

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jman2003, Dec 2, 2007.

1. jman2003 macrumors member

Hi everyone
    I got my second replacement in the past 2 weeks
    this is my third ipod touch in the pAST two months
    how many have you had replaced?:apple:

2. RedDragon870503 macrumors 6502

RedDragon870503

I'm on lucky number three...

One was a defect one had a mishap that was my own fault.

Apple replaced them both no questions asked.

This is exactly why I have no problem with paying the premium I do for their stuff!

3. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

I'm on my third one in a month; first one had backlight issues, second one had a dead spot. So far it seems like the third time is a charm... but it's only been a week. :eek:

4. LordEntropy macrumors regular

I am on my second. First had bottom 25% of screen in portrait mode was dead, totally non-responsive.

Got a second and all is fine except that on the long bottom side of the player the chrome does not match up to the bezel correctly, the chrome sticks out ever so slightly. I am in 2 minds as to whether to get it swapped as otherwise it functions fine. A bit like getting a new car and finding a dent in the wing I guess, annoying but doesn't affect the running of the car.

Any views on whether I should get them to swap it. I have ordered an Xtrememac Microshield case and my only thought is whether I will have a problem getting it to fit as it is not exactly the shape it should be!

5. LordEntropy macrumors regular

Had a chat with a colleague and noticed that his Touch is the same so I guess either his is also faulty or they are all the same?!?!

6. jman2003 thread starter macrumors member

im back i just got a 3rd and 4th replacement both had screen issues...sucks
    i am not going to just buy a iphone because i need the money for the new macbook (i am just a kid)

7. imgonephishin macrumors regular

Crazy that you all have needed so many replacements. I'm on my first one and still going strong five weeks later. Of course, my previous iPod (a first gen, fall of '01 ROCK ON!) needed to be replaced twice in the first two months. After that, though, it was as trusty as anything for the next six years. I kid you not, the thing completely died on me THE DAY I got my Touch for my birthday. It had served me with every ounce of energy. I almost thought I should bury it in the backyard. But back on topic, my Touch has been problem free.

8. godisjustpreten macrumors member

Went through 3 replacements before returning for a full refund. I'm waiting for quality-control issues to be resolved before attempting again.

9. Trist06 macrumors newbie

I just got my replacement back today, the first one was displaying weird graphical glitches that looked exactly like a computer with bad vram, definatly a hardware problem, a restore wouldnt fix it.

10. CopyChief macrumors member

I'm on my first touch, knock on wood. My first gen, 5 gig iPod is still going strong, although with a user-replaced battery. I replaced by 30 gig iPod photo five or six times in the course of the warranty and AppleCare, so AC more than paid for itself there.

11. cjmal macrumors 6502

I'm doing the exact same thing. I might give it a go again in February or March, but for now im loving my iPod classic :)

12. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

... none. I didn't even know this was a problem.