Ipod Touch--replace battery or wait to buy 3rd Gen. IT

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cmleidi, Jul 31, 2009.

1. cmleidi macrumors newbie

Within the last two days, my 1st Gen. ipod touch (purchased July 2008) will shut down after three to four hours. I get a message that the battery life is only at 20%. I let it shut off, kept it shut off for a while, and I recharged the battery through my USB port on my computer. The same thing happened again this morning. Within four hours, the battery was down to nothing.

Of course, my one year warranty expired on the 1st of July so I don't know if I should take the ipod touch to a retail store and have the battery replaced or if I should just hold off and see if a 3rd Gen. Ipod Touch will be available in September. Suggestions?

2. avrpatsfan macrumors member

Wati

I'd wait. The new touch will be more powerfull, more disk space, maybe a camera, maybe a gps. Wait. Just 1 and a half months. My 1st gen touch was stolen and I am waiting. or buy a cheap ipod touch 2nd gen and sell it after the 3rd gen is released if you can't stand to not have a touch.

3. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

dude, hold on!!! don't replace your battery!!! i have an ipod touch 1st generation! 8GB, its getting old! but wait 2 more months!!!!! till the ipod touch 3G come out,
    look at the possible expectations for ipod touch 3G

-3.0 MP camera
    -microphone (may add video recording)
    -64GB
    -faster processor
    -it's battery life will be 3X better than the first generation!

wait it out!!!:)

4. cmleidi thread starter macrumors newbie

I am going to wait for the new ipod touches.

The battery is going through amusing things. I've been testing it [playing a music playlist] since 2PM and the battery indicator has barely moved in almost 7 hours. I do have wireless enabled which I didn't the times the battery went dead. I know enabling wi-fi is supposed to drain your battery, but it does the opposite in my case. Bizarre. I'm confused as to whether the battery is a problem or something else caused the battery to react that way.