Ipod Touch Replaced - Now warranty issues...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by helios12, Feb 23, 2008.

1. helios12 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I recently found that my itouch purchased back in November last year, had a few dead pixels on it. I called up apple care and they told me to head into my local store and they would have a look (and most likely replace it) I headed down to my local apple store, and within about 10 minutes of looking at it, the guy said, "sure we'll replace it".

Out he goes into the back and returns with a touch in a brown box which has lots of tape around it (i.e. not the original ipod touch box) I just assumed this was apple policy, as i was just returning the unit (with no cables etc.) so they would return a new unit on its own.

The guy did some typing, and I signed some repair document, and I asked him about whether my warranty would start again now, or if it would continue for the year since my original purchase. He stated for the year since the original purchase.

He handed me some repair documents and a receipt (which i didn't look at .. was short of time)

I just pulled the receipt out of my pocket today and it says the following:

Repaird ID: ********

Part number : *******
    Warranty effective through May.20, 2008

Unit price: 118.00 GBP
    Total inc. VAT: 138.65 GBP

Payment Method: LTD Product Warranty: 138.65 GBP

Now I have no idea what the price is all about as I didn't pay for anything! I am more worried about the warranty part.... does this mean my warranty is cut short?

Also the more I think about it, the brown box with dodgy taping, and the reduced unit price, may indicate they have just given me a refurbished model.

Hope someone can help...

Regards

2. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Wow. Neato. (Queue Tom Cruise Scientology award video voice) Looks like you may have stumbled across some super secret Apple info.

I guess that's what replacement units cost them.

3. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

what did you expect, a brand new iPod. It is normal for products to be replaced by refurbished ones. Its just as good as brand new in most cases.

4. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

5. helios12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks JML,

the warranty is covered til Nov :D

EPLchamp --> No i don't mind its a refurbished model, its just I would like to be told this and not handed a receipt with confusing information.

Thanks for all your help guys

6. delude macrumors 6502

I had a similar date on my receipt when I had mine replaced, and was also worried until I checked that link out.