iPod touch return/june 9 questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by slappy sam, May 29, 2008.

1. slappy sam macrumors member

If I purchase an ipod touch tommorrow (32gb, at an apple store), and either a) the price gets dropped on june 9, or b) the new software comes out, since this is less than 14 days after I purchased my ipod will I be able to be credited the difference in price, or get the software for free? Or could I return the ipod touch and purchase another one at the new price/with the new software?

Basically, I'm asking if I buy it tommorrow, and ten days later the price gets dropped or new software comes out, am I screwed? Even if they won't refund the difference or give me the software for free, I could just return the ipod for the price I paid and purchase a new one, correct?

Honestly, I can't wait 10 days :\

2. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

If you truly can't wait, maybe you should go to the Apple store and ask them what their policy is regarding returns. Why ask us?

3. slappy sam thread starter macrumors member

I actually was in there today and they said that there was a 14 day return policy if you had a "valid reason", which sounds like total BS to me. I should be able to return it for any reason, or if I just don't like it.

I'm asking you because this is a mac forum and I thought you guys would know. I also thought that maybe you would know if they'd credit me the difference/give me the software free or I would have to return it and buy another one, which is kind of a waste of time/packaging/etc.

I didn't think this question was unreasonable... maybe someone has had a similar experience.

Besides the guy in the store today also told me the touch wouldn't sync with outlook 2007, only with iCal or whatever that software is. Well, it seems that is incorrect judging by some of the stuff I've found on the net. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the itouch can sync contacts and calendar with outlook through itunes, correct?

Edit: Never mind, looked through your old posts and seems like half of them are giving people some attitude or trying to start arguments, doesn't surprise me. Hopefully some more generous souls will be able to help me out. :)

4. GrouchoDuke macrumors newbie

GrouchoDuke

I'm not sure about returns - I was actually looking for that answer myself. My wife has a 32GB touch & it does sync with Outlook 2007 contacts. It's been terribly painful to get to sync with her computer though (XP Media Center PC). The only way to get it to work is if I disable USB2. It does sync perfectly with my XP Pro machine & another XP Home machine we have in the house using USB2. There are lots of others with issues like that with the touch. It's a great device & she absolutely loves it - except for her syncing pain.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I do not know what the policys are in the US and being from the UK I cant comment on them but I wouldn't think that this would happen, if you went out and bought a mac and a week later the price dropped would you go back to the store and ask them to refund the difference? I think realistically you wont get a refund its even silly just thinking they would personally speaking. If everyone did this I think alot of people would be popping in on a regular basis asking for money back and a lot of companys finding themselves out of pocket.

can apple give a refund on a used iPod thats 10 days old?

6. slappy sam thread starter macrumors member

Thank you groucho.

Andy, a lot of companies will and do do this type of thing. It is not uncommon at all, infact it would seem uncommon to me for them not to do this.

7. mac-mini macrumors newbie

if it is within 14 days, they will exchange it for the new model.

That is what apple told my friend when he had a 3 week old MBP and the Multi-touch ones had came out.

8. aquabella macrumors newbie

Online store policy -- probably the same for retail stores --

Return and Refund Policy

If you are not satisfied with your Apple purchase of a product, please call 1-800-676-2775 for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) request within 14 calendar days of the receipt of the product. Configure-to-order, personalized or other customized products may not be returned for refund or exchange under any circumstances unless such product is Dead on Arrival (see the section below for more detailed information on such Dead on Arrival products). If the item is returnable and you send it back to us unopened in the original box, Apple will offer you a refund based on your original method of payment. You must return the product to the Apple warehouse within 14 calendar days of the issuance of the RMA. All products must be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that shipped with the product. Apple will assess a 10% restocking fee on any opened hardware or accessory. If you purchased your order using an Apple Business Lease, Apple may ask you to provide a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) so Apple can assess the 10% restocking fee.

Please note that Apple does not permit the return of or offer refunds for the following products:

* Product that is custom configured to your specifications, including personalized products

* Opened memory, including storage devices such as memory sticks (but excluding disc drives)

* Opened software (Note that you may return software after rejecting the licensing terms, provided the software is not installed on a computer. However, if your software includes a license that you can read before you break the seal or sticker on the software media packaging, you may not return the software once you break the software media packaging seal or sticker.)

* Electronic software downloads

* Software Up to Date Program Products (i.e., software upgrade subscription product)

* Apple Gift Cards

* Apple Gift Packaging (origami style gift box with ribbon and greeting card)

* Apple Developer Connection Products (Membership and Technical Support)

NOTE: Apple recommends that you (1) use a carrier that offers shipment tracking for all returns and (2) either insure your package for safe return to Apple or declare the full value of the shipment so that you are completely protected if the shipment is lost or damaged in transit. If you choose not to (1) use a carrier that offers tracking or (2) insure or declare the full value of the product, you will be responsible for any loss or damage to the product during shipping.

9. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

You will (potentially) save yourself a lot of trouble if you just wait. I'm sure you can handle it.