Ipod touch rocks!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPodTouchRules, Nov 30, 2007.

1. iPodTouchRules macrumors newbie

iPodTouchRules

The :apple: iPod touch is absolutely awesome. The best iPod ever. I'm asking for it for Christmas! Only 25 more days. I also asked for screen protectors, and a case for it. I don't need an Iphone because I already have my own cell phone. I cant wait! I have a quick question though. What exactly is the dock for? Is it like a stand? It couldn't be, because it comes with that little clear plastic stand. Also, can you upload your photos from Iphoto to your itouch? If so, how? My last question is, how would you upload contacts to your ipod touch. I thought to myself, well I'll just type them all in manually. But then I found a little app thing on AIM mail where it has contacts. I have no one on it. (Just buddies) And I would add people, but I only would add them if I knew how to upload them to like itunes, or a certain app, that is for the itouch. Or just directly downloading it from aim mail which I dont think you can do!

2. Anon1mus macrumors newbie

Dock can be a couple different things. One is you plug your iPod onto and it has speakers so you can hear the music without headphones. Or it charges your iPod. Or has special ports on the dock ( different headphones, i think one has an SD card slot ), clock, etc. Think of it as a little stereo that charges your iPod ( usually )

3. iPodTouchRules thread starter macrumors newbie

iPodTouchRules

Really? Cool. So the dock that comes with the Ipod touch can do those things? If not, list the things it can do. Or post a picture, and "label" it. That would be really helpful! :)

4. dmize macrumors newbie

5. iPodTouchRules thread starter macrumors newbie

iPodTouchRules

Oh, that makes so much more sense. So you know that new Bose portable system? You put the dock adapter in that and it will work? Am I correct? And as for charging, how exactly do you do that? (Also, if you could anwser my other questions in my original post, that would be great)

6. dmize macrumors newbie

Yeah, you are correct about the dock. Charging is done by connecting the usb cable to your computer, or if you have one of the old ac adapters you can charge with that too.

And I'm not sure what iphoto is, but most likely you'll have to have the pictures on your computer and put them in itunes. Also, I know you can sync contacts with Microsoft Outlook and Outlook express as well.

7. albinoAZN macrumors regular

lol, iPhoto is the photo managing software that comes with the iLife pack from apple.

8. iPodTouchRules thread starter macrumors newbie

iPodTouchRules

Thanks so much guys. This will help a lot if I get the Ipod touch for Christmas. (Most likely will!)

9. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

If you want to find information about the product you go to it's web site, right? :rolleyes:

(unless you want to read some independant reviews...)

10. iPodTouchRules thread starter macrumors newbie

iPodTouchRules

Yeah. I've done a lot of research on it. Some things I was just left confused by.

11. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Ah, ok then :)

12. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Well they definitely don't have speakers on my dock (first gen with the round IR reciever). They have the 3.5mm jack on the back to plug in powered external speakers however.
    May have changed with the updated dock

13. iPodTouchRules thread starter macrumors newbie

iPodTouchRules

Well, I'm thinking about getting speakers for the Ipod touch if I get it for Christmas with either Xmas money or bday money. (Most likely bday money) Which is early March. Or I'll ask for it on my bday. So the dock adapter will make it so it will work on the Ipod speakers I get. If I stand corrected, please tell me.

14. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

OMG You're...YOU'RE ME!!! :D:D:D

By early march do you mean the 6th by any chance?

I bought an iPod touch and was going to collect it at christmas when i went to florisa to visit my cousin, but my dad crasjed his motorcycle (don't worry he's ok) so we can't go...So it's getting sent over to me (ireland) and I'll have it on thursday (OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!)

So...anyway, sorry for the thread-steal

15. iPodTouchRules thread starter macrumors newbie

iPodTouchRules

Lol cool. Only 15 days till Christmas. I can't wait! :):):)

16. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

ipod touch is one of best cool devices I have ever own. I didn't hack mine. but I enjoy web based apps a lot. it's useful, a lot of fun, too.

I just wait for macworld 2008 which developers will bring 3rd apps that I don't need to hack it anymore. simply download, and install.

17. iPodTouchRules thread starter macrumors newbie

iPodTouchRules

Yeah that will be awesome. Cant wait till christmas. Also, I have a question. Could I upload videos to an Ipod touch with Iphoto? Someone told me how to do it, but would my videos work and go to the videos app? I'm fine with music, pictures, movies from itunes, and other stuff, but I still need help. Because I want to know how to do everything if I get it for Christmas! Even better, if theres any site that you could find me that anwsers all of my questions. Including my other posts. (The USB Wall Charger one, and Speakers) Please help out!!

18. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

This is a good site to start with.

As for the videos. iTunes did not sync the videos in my iPhoto Library (maybe wrong filetype, I did not care). But iTunes syncs the videos in my iTunes Library. The above mentioned site says which codex is supported.

19. iPodTouchRules thread starter macrumors newbie

iPodTouchRules

Just 2 days till Christmas everyone! I'm very, very, excited! Can someone answer this question. (I'm sure many of you can/will!) When you check the manual box thing when syncing, does that mean you choose everything by hand (clicking on mouse) So like, lets say I'd choose 30 songs to upload, and other stuff. Because if thats so, thats what I'm going to do. I have an account. Well its my bros. But I think he uses LimeWire for music. =\ I'm not sure... But I just want to know like how to upload videos to itunes, pictures, (if needed, because that one guy who posted told me how to upload from iphoto) and I would like to know what I have to do to buy movies and stuff.... I know you need like an itunes giftcard, but I don't get what you do/what it does. I'd really appreciate it if people helped me out because when/if I get the Ipod touch for Christmas, I want to upload everything quickly, and easily! Thanks. :)

20. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

You can do everything by hand, yes. Or you can do parts (you can do music/videos by hand, but let it only update the 20 newest podcasts if you want). Putting music on is easy, just click "add folder to library." For movies, they have to be the right format to put them on the Touch. There are some programs that do it, mainly Handbrake and Videora, but iTunes can also *sometimes* do it. Pictures has to be done once you actually have the iPod, all you do is choose the folder you want them uploaded from and it does it. For movies, you don't have to buy from iTunes. You can use any movies from your digital library, rip DVDs to your hard drive and use those, etc.

For now, I would just install iTunes (if you haven't already), and start converting some of your movies you currently have into the right format.

21. iPodTouchRules thread starter macrumors newbie

iPodTouchRules

Well you see.. There aren't really any videos I want to convert onto itunes to upload. I want to buy some... But I don't get how that works out. Like if you buy an Itunes gift card, does that mean you'll get the movie free of charge? (Depending on how much money the gift card had)

22. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Yeah I think you purchase the video from iTunes and then enter the gift card voucher serial and then it will debit that from the card. I've never used one but Im guessing that's how it works

23. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

I concur. I opened mine up a little early last night and this is by far the most amazing device that I have ever used. It really is something to just kind of sit back and think about for a minute. I love it love it love it couldn't be happier.

24. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

i got mine early and went out and bought two cases.

one had the front open all the time made by body glove and the other one was the griffin convertible has a leather flap.

the griffin turned out to be the keeper.

i hacked mine after the first day and love the additions.

this is my first ipod and i love it.

25. iPodTouchRules thread starter macrumors newbie

iPodTouchRules

The iPod touch is fantastic! I love it. I got a wall charger. I might get a car charger to. I need to upload some photos to it. So does the itunes gift card thing work by selecting the music, video, or w/e you want, then you enter the itunes gift card code thing, then you sync it to the ipod?