iPod Touch running OS 3.0 having problems connecting to the internet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jeffmorr, Jun 22, 2009.

1. jeffmorr macrumors member

My 8gb iPod Touch second generation has been having problems connecting to the internet. In Safari, a screen came up on top of the window showing it as connecting. Also, the App Store and iTunes don't even load the buttons to navigate (anywhere). Meanwhile, my iPod still says it is connected to my internet connection (Apple Airport Extreme).

In addition to not connecting, my iPod has not been showing the internet connection icon on the top left of the screen, while in settings it says that it's connected; even after waiting for minutes, the icon hasn't showed up; which eventually leads to me not being to connect to the internet

My brother has been telling me of the same problems since he upgraded his iPod to 3.0

PS: I am sure that my router is receiving a connection because I'm posting this from a computer on the same network

2. jeffmorr thread starter macrumors member

Can anyone please tell me if they have the same problem or if they are doing anything to fix it?

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

4. jeffmorr thread starter macrumors member

I dont want to try yet, because my brother is having the same problems, so maybe its something with all the iPod Touches

5. Global2 macrumors newbie

Here are some things to try:

-Reset network settings on the Touch (this may be enough to fix the problem)
    -Restart your router
    -If your router is set for B, G, and N signals, turn off N.

Global2

6. polaris20 macrumors 68020

It's a known problem with the 3.0 OS.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=723535

I'm trying the solution here, but have already reset the network settings as well, which didn't work.

No, it's not my wifi AP; if it was, then nothing else would work (Mac, Linux laptop, Windows media PC, etc).

7. fealey macrumors newbie

i have this problem, i have restored ipod and have also been to apple store who say they do not understand what is wrong, suggested is software bug

8. polaris20 macrumors 68020

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Mine's still doing it, definitely a problem.